Inspired by my friend Ryan's raw vegan cooking (check him out at Health AuPair) and his delicious homemade raw crapes he made for us after practicing at Ashtanga Yoga Bangkok I decided to try my hand at making almost raw Temaki, sushi hand roll. Below is my messy, fun, and colorful simple first attempt at making delicious.
- Decide how you roll. You can use most any veggie; cucumber, scallions, carrots, zucchini, etc. For these colorful guys I kept it simple and used:
- Red Cabbage
- Slice cabbage leaves into 1cm strips
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise. Twist the two ends apart setting aside the side with the seed. Slice the half without the seed into 1cm strips while still in the skin. (being careful not to put the knife through your hand)
- Cut nori in half lengthwise
- Prepare a handful of kale
- Place 3-4 slices of avocado onto bottom corner of cut nori with the shiny side down
- Atop this add the red cabbage then kale
- Fold up from the bottom left corner to begin making a cone shape.
- Tucking and rolling into a cone, use a dab of water to secure the end.
- Stop reading this and eat!